The Coffman Funeral Home, Petitt Chapel was founded in 1956 by Mr. Clyde Erwin. A few years later, Mr. Erwin was joined by Mr. Durward L. Petitt and the firm became known as the Erwin-Petitt Funeral Home. Mr. Erwin passed away in 1969, at which time Mr. Petitt became the owner. Mr. Petitt owned and or managed the funeral home until his passing in November of 2012. The funeral Home operated as Erwin Petitt Funeral Home until October of 2013, when Jamey and Karen Coffman Purchased the business.